EVERLAM is an international privately held chemical company headquartered in Mechelen, Belgium. With over 25 years of experience in making high-quality Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB) film for architectural laminated safety glass, EVERLAM has become an international supplier with a reputation for consistent quality and excellent technical support. Our Center of Competence in Mechelen, Belgium, hosts the company’s commercial headquarters, R&D laboratory, technical center as well as the customer services & supply chain team. Bringing together, in one place, the company’s experts in all disciplines, creates stronger synergies across functions to propose innovative solutions to customers.
About the job
Are you passionate about Chemistry, Innovation and Product development? Does PVB, PU and EVA sound familiar to you? Do you enjoy working in a new Laboratory? Are you interested to contribute to sustainable laminated glass solutions? Does working in a team and in an international company sound exciting to you?
If you answered yes, read on to become our new Lab Technician!
As Lab Technician you are part of the Technology Team based in Mechelen. In this role you will be part of the lab team and you’ll work in partnership with Technical Services, Operations (Germany) and external parties.
The key responsibilities of the role include the following:
- You perform lab requests in alignment with the team taking into account the priority of the business in order to ensure a timely delivery.
- You gain a good understanding of laminated safety glass interlayers, its properties and applications.
- You are flexible to execute & analyze different types of (hands-on) tests.
- You report on your findings and interpretations of the tests in the team in a timely fashion.
- You support in the design of new tests methods (where possible).
- You support the daily operations of the Lab and contribute to keep the lab clean and organized.
- You support the Lab Coordinator by managing the inventory of the samples and sample storage.
- You participate actively in the team meetings sharing the status of your lab work and your findings.
- You monitor the quality control data and report out on the trends and abnormalities.
- You participate actively in the preparation of the ISO9001 compliance in the lab.
Your profileWe are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry or equivalent through experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Lab environment preferably in polymer processing and formulation.
- You are familiar with diverse lab techniques such as: spectroscopy, chromatography, titrations, optical microscopes etc.
- You have some knowledge in mechanical tests.
- You are skilled in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly excel, and other software (Outlook etc).
- You have knowledge on statistics to analyze experimental data.
- You can process the data for proper analysis by creating graphs, diagrams, tables.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with a strong team player mentality in combination with the ability to work autonomously.
- You have excellent organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- You feel comfortable in a dynamic work environment where deadlines need to be met.
- You can build excel reports and present results.
- You are fluent English and preferably also in Dutch. Knowledge of German is a plus.
- Experience with a laminated safety glass is a plus.
The working location will be the R&D facility in our center of competence in Mechelen (Belgium) with potential occasional travels to our manufacturing site in Germany (Uentrop). You will be reporting to the Technology Manager.
We offer a permanent position in an ambitious international company with an attractive salary and divers extra-legal benefits.
Interested to join our team?
Please contact our HR team by sending your CV to HR@everlam.com.