About the job
Are you passionate about working with numbers? Do you enjoy analyzing reports and does excel have no secrets to you? Do you sparkle when you can guide management in taking strategic decisions and does working in an industrial, chemical environment sound exciting to you?
If you answered yes, read on to become our new Controller!
As Controller you’re part of the Finance team based in Belgium & Germany. Your role is based at our production plant in Germany (Hamm-Uentrop). In this role you will work in the first place in close partnership with the Finance team members as well as the Operations team members. Regular travel to HQ in Belgium is expected.
The key responsibilities include the following:
- Evaluate reports & maintain financial accuracy for all manufacturing processes as well as analyze business trends and provide required explanations.
- Analyze financial data and present them in way that it underlies and supports business decisions taken by management.
- Develop profit and loss metrics to facilitate key performance indicators.
- Prepare, plan and monitor the annual budget for manufacturing processes and investments.
- Assist management and executives to achieve business objectives by delivering relevant financial data & statements.
- Preparation of monthly / annual accounts including analysis of accounts through account reconciliations and preparation of journal entries.
Audit & Compliance
- Document & monitor requirements for external auditors.
- Determine and maintain all accounting principles and processes and ensure compliance to local accounting procedures
- Reconcile all physical inventory and maintain accuracy in transactions and records for all inventory and perform financial audits on annual basis.
S&OP – Supply Chain cost analysis
- Support of the company in S&OP processes.
- Management of standard production costs in SAP and implementation of necessary updates.
- Perform financial forecasts and prepare reports mainly on material & conversion cost.
- Analyze warehousing & distribution cost, monitor cost developments and highlight significant deviations.
- Perform general accounting tasks – including GL, AP and AR transactions.
- Provide support to ad hoc projects on request.
- Provide support to IT when implementing new systems.
- Manage and obtain approval for all requests on capital expenditures and monitor the progress on expenditures.
- Identify potential savings and track the progress of planned cost reductions.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in accounting (or other financial orientation) or equivalent by experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a financial role, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Results-oriented with high level of analytical skills
- Ability to work in an international finance team with colleagues located over different countries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Very good organizational skills
- Dynamic & agile personality
- Excel, PowerPoint and Word proficiency are a must
- Can work independently, precisely and time-consciously
- Takes initiatives where needed
- Languages: Fluency in English & German, oral & written. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus
We offer a permanent position in an ambitious international company with an attractive salary and extra-legal benefits.
Interested to join our team?
Please contact our HR team by uploading your application as indicated on this page, or sending your CV to HR@everlam.com.