About the job
Are you passionate about establishing procurement strategies? Do you enjoy re-designing and developing logistics processes? Do you get a kick from guiding vendors, so they get the full value of our agreed partnership? Does working in a global team and an international company sound exciting to you? Do you have a natural flair in front of suppliers?
If you answered yes, read on to become our new Supply Chain Procurement Leader!
As Procurement Leader you are part of our Group Shared Service Center (GSSC) based in Mechelen. On regular basis you’re in direct contact with our international suppliers and you act as a critical liaison to ensure procurement processes are in line with the strategy for the GSSC businesses. In this role you will work in partnership with Customer Services, Supply Chain specialist and the Business managers to deliver upon the satisfaction of our customers and 3rd party service providers.
The scope of the Supply Chain Procurement in the GSSC are, but not limited to:
- Warehousing (incl. chemical & polymer packed goods) and Bulk Tank storage & handling (liquid Chemicals) partners
- Transport of bulk chemicals and packed chemicals/polymers via different modes (vessel/barge, train, road, and ISO tanks)
The key responsibilities include the following:
- Accountable for the control, management, and execution of the procurement process
- Accountable for developing and executing procurement strategies for the categories:
- Logistic services on Warehousing and Transportation
- Contract manufacturing
- Accountable to align procurement strategies with business strategies and drive as such financial results and competitiveness of the businesses (cost, EBITDA, revenue)
- Establish and manage a network of vendors to deliver for the appointed categories. This includes:
- screen new vendor possibilities
- run RFQ’s
- manage new vendor certification processes, including set up in internal systems
- manage terms and conditions
- maintain existing vendor portfolio
- act as the owner of the company relationship with the vendors
- develop understanding of the appointed categories with respect to market dynamics, business drivers and competitive landscape.
- Accountable for design, implementation and execution of a Performance Management process (i.e., KPI, SLA) with the vendors
- Accountable for management of the purchase orders and vendor contracts (including pricing, issue resolution, supply performance and terms and conditions)
- Accountable for maintaining an accurate status of the contracts and resulting purchase orders.
Your profileWe are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably in Logistics) or equivalent from experience
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in a Procurement role preferably in Logistics or Supply Chain functions in international Chemical companies
- Fluency (oral & written) in English and Dutch. Knowlegde of German is an asset
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic business environment
- An eager-to-learn attitude and open to act on change
- Have a Can-do mentality with excellent independent problem-solving skills
- Flexible and pro-active personality
- Excellent negotiation skills with a proven track record
- Strong Communication skills. Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization as well as with vendors.
- Team Player. Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with people across functions and regions.
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiar with Quality management, REACH and Ecovadis
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute performance management processes (KPI’s).
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Affinity for databases and IT systems
We offer a permanent position in an ambitious international company with an attractive salary and divers extra-legal benefits (i.e. meal vouchers, 12 ADV days, hospitalization insurance, group insurance.)
Interested to join our team?
Please contact our HR team by uploading your application as indicated on this page, or sending your CV to HR@everlam.com.