EVERLAM is an international privately held chemical company headquartered in Mechelen, Belgium. With over 25 years of experience in making high-quality Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB) film for architectural laminated safety glass, EVERLAM has become an international supplier with a reputation for consistent quality and excellent technical support. Our Center of Competence in Mechelen, Belgium, hosts the company’s commercial headquarters, R&D laboratory, technical center as well as the customer services & supply chain team. Bringing together, in one place, the company’s experts in all disciplines, creates stronger synergies across functions to propose innovative solutions to customers.
About the job
Are you passionate about Chemistry, Innovation and Product development? Does PVB, PU and EVA sound familiar to you? Do you enjoy coordinating the workflow in a Lab? Are you ambitious and driven to keep control and overview of the daily operations in a Lab and ensure business continuity? Does working in a team and in an international company sound exciting to you?
If you answered yes, read on to become our new Lab Coordinator!
As Lab Coordinator you are part of the R&D team based in Mechelen. In this role you will be the team leader of the lab and you’ll work in partnership with Technical Services, Sales, Operations (Germany) and external parties. The key responsibilities include the following:
The key responsibilities of the role include the following:
- You administrate the inventory of the samples and sample storage.
- You coordinate & manage lab requests by aligning with the team and the business taking into account the lab capacity & the priority of the business in order to ensure a timely delivery.
- You act as main lab contact for internal departments like technical services, manufacturing and technology when managing the lab requests.
- You initiate and lead regular lab meetings with the technicians to discuss and align on status updates.
- You ensure compliance at all times of topics like environmental permits, fire alarm checks, safety equipment checks, safety valve checks, gas alarms etc.
- You ensure timely maintenance and/or calibration of the equipment under your responsibility like lab cabinets, fume hoods, lab instruments etc.
- You are responsible for purchasing of lab related material like: chemicals, consumables, personal protective equipment, spare parts etc.
- You support the daily operations of the team where needed by conducting hands-on laboratory experiments (estimate 50% time).
- You design new test methods.
- You gain a good understanding of laminated safety glass interlayers, its properties and applications.
- You monitor the quality control data and report out on the trends and abnormalities.
- You lead ISO9001 compliance in the lab.
Your profileWe are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
- Bachelor in Chemistry or equivalent through experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a lab environment preferably in polymer processing and formulation.
- You have knowledge on statistics to analyze experimental data.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with a strong team player mentality in combination with the ability to work autonomously.
- You have leadership skills.
- You have excellent organizational skills and pay attention to detail.
- You like taking initiatives while identifying possible enhancements and launching improvement actions.
- You feel comfortable in a dynamic work environment where deadlines need to be met.
- You have the ability to build reports and present results.
- You are fluent English and preferably also in Dutch. Knowledge of German is a plus.
- Experience in using spectroscopic or chromatographic techniques and/or microscope analysis is a plus.
- Experience with a laminated safety glass is a plus.
The working location will be the R&D facility in our center of competence in Mechelen (Belgium) with occasional travels to our manufacturing site in Germany (Uentrop). You will be reporting to the Technology Manager.
We offer a permanent position in an ambitious international company with an attractive salary and divers extra-legal benefits.
Interested to join our team?
Please contact our HR team by sending your CV to HR@everlam.com.