Want to join a dynamic R&D team? Send us your application !
The position is for a full-time Research and Development Scientist to work on product development and formulation. It provides an opportunity for an ambitious person to grow. The job is is based in our new R&D facility in our Center of Competence, located in Mechelen (Belgium) and designed to offer our people a very creative working environment.
- Conduct research to correlate product formulation and performance properties
- Conduct literature studies and IP search to understand current technologies used in the market
- Get an in-depth understanding of the chemistry of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) interlayer, its impact on the final laminated safety glass product and of the varied architectural applications
- Design test protocols for new developments
- Master’s or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering / Material Science / Chemistry
- Motivated person willing to learn the different aspects of PVB interlayer technology and to drive innovating processes
- Experience conducting research
- Ability to conduct projects with autonomy
- Knowledge of polymer processing and formulation is an advantage
- Ability to write scientific reports and prepare oral presentations
- Team player, showing initiative and flexibility
- Fluent English, German a strong asset
EVERLAM produces a range of high-quality polyvinyl butyral (PVB) interlayers for laminated safety glass used in architectural applications, a dynamic market that grows every year. As a company, EVERLAM started in 2015 but it leverages 30 years of experience in manufacturing the product to the highest standards, a complex process that requires real know-how. A vibrant company, EVERLAM has invested massively to groom a dynamic team and expand its R&D and production assets. The company relies on a world class production plant located in Germany and its new Center of Competence & laboratory in Mechelen, Belgium. Led by an experienced team and backed by solid resources, EVERLAM is committed to delivering the best products and services to its customers. It is wholly owned by GVC Holdings, a growth equity investment company specializing in the global chemicals industry. Its portfolio comprises value-creating companies operating in the coatings, adhesives, sealants, building materials and automotive industries. www.everlam.com
Applications in English should be sent to: Maria-Mercedes.Diaz-Acevedo@everlam.com